Remanufacture NSW has announced funding for Regional and Remote waste and recycling projects
The Recycling Modernisation Fund (RMF) is offering from $10,000 to $1 million in matched funding to cover the capital costs of projects that address infrastructure gaps in Australia’s waste management and resource recovery system.
The RMF focuses on the waste streams impacted by the Council of Australian Governments’ Export Waste Ban. Funding opportunities will support the NSW resource recovery sectors response to changes brought about by the decision to ban the export of unbeneficiated waste plastic, paper, glass and tyres.
Key Eligibility Criteria:
- Projects must deliver/ trial new, or increase existing processing capacity, to address the processing of materials that fall under the export ban
- Projects should seek to increase local employment and long-term economic growth and development in regional or remote locations
- Projects should be completed by 30 June 2024 to meet the timeframes for phasing in of the waste export bans.
- Projects should manage materials through:
- new fixed or mobile facilities, or expansion of existing fixed or mobile facilities
- new or upgraded equipment to increase local domestic processing capacity
- increasing the use of recyclable/recycled materials in manufacturing and/or infrastructure
Examples of eligible projects include
- Trials for the remanufacturing of plastic, glass and other material/s into building products
- Advanced recycling of hard to recycle plastics, such as mixed, multilayer, flexible or contaminated plastics back into food grade recycled plastics
- Installation of new equipment such as sorting lines, artificial intelligence (AI) or scanning technology, crushing, washing, shredding or pulping machinery
- Community sorting stations or baling equipment
Here’s a link to some of the previous projects awarded funding through RMF.
Applications open: 8 November 2021
Applications close: 6 December 2021
If you would like to discover more about your eligibility for this grant opening, feel free to connect with the NOAH Connect team. Applying for a government grant is a complex, time consuming and highly competitive process; we’re experienced in assessing eligibility criteria and will ensure you put forward the strongest application possible.